Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by the Canadian Intergovernmental Conference Secretariat (CICS) for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from CICS. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- CICS be identified as the source department; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of CICS.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's (GC) copyright administrator and CICS. Through the permission-granting process, CICS helps to ensure that individuals / organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact: Info@scics.gc.ca.
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on GC Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a GC institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact: Info@scics.gc.ca
CICS Web site contains links to third party sites. CICS provides these links only as a service and convenience to our visitors. We take no responsibility for the content at third party sites and a link to them in no way implies an endorsement or recommendation of the products, services or information found there.
CICS makes every effort to ensure that our links to third party Web sites lead to content that is accessible and available in both official languages. However, that is not always feasible or possible.
CICS reserves the right to regularly review and re-evaluate any and all links and reserves the right to terminate any link without prior notification.
Requests for posting links to third party sites should be directed to Info@scics.gc.ca.
Official Languages Notice
The CICS Web site respects the Official Languages Act and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources is available as a courtesy and will only be available in the language in which it was provided. Some hyperlinks direct users to sites of organizations or other entities that are not subject to the Official Languages Act.
CICS is committed to equitable access to information, regardless of the technologies used. We are continually striving to make our site accessible to all, including persons with disabilities and to those who use assistive devices.
- CICS' Web site does not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or email address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an email or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this department is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- CICS employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- CICS does not normally use "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. The system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- CICS employees will only use information on individual visitors in order to respond to their request or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside Governments we do business with.
- CICS is a participant in the GC Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), which gives you the opportunity to communicate with the Department in a confidential manner. You may find additional information on PKI and how to use it here.
- The Internet is a public forum and electronic information can be intercepted. This is not a secure Web site. Please do not disclose unnecessary confidential information about yourself or your accounts with CICS.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in CICS may be directed by e-mail to the Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator at Info@scics.gc.ca
If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet at http://www.priv.gc.ca.
No endorsement of any products or services is expressed or implied.
- Content : CICS tweets the conferences where a News Release was issued.
- Follow us! : We encourage everyone to follow our Twitter account, either in French @scic_info or in English @cics_info. However, following these Twitter accounts does not automatically mean that we will follow your account.
- Availability : We update and monitor our Twitter account during office hours, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Central Time). We accept no responsibility for lack of service due to Twitter downtime.
- Retweet protocol (@username) and private messages : We welcome feedback, questions and ideas from all of our followers. However, we cannot respond to or retweet each individual message we receive through Twitter. Private messages will be read, and new themes or useful proposals will be forwarded to those concerned. To ensure a response all inquiries should be directed to Info@scics.gc.ca.